Cozy & Relaxed
We usually associate our home as our safe place where you can relax and be yourself. I polished and planned my house for years until I was satisfied with it, however, it took me a while to understand one thing. The secret of a cozy home actually lies in simple details. Here are some tips of how to make your home feel more comfy:
- Arrange your furniture around the room. First of all, make space for movement. Comfort is all it matters – if you’re not comfortable in your own house, it means additional frustration and bad energy. If there is no space in your house you can always Google some nifty ideas on how to save space or just throw out bulky and unused items. Admit it, you also have that one chair that functions as a wardrobe for your clothing, but in reality it blocks your room entrance… Or is it just me?
- Mix up fabrics. Using only one texture for your furniture may seem a bit dull. Don’t be afraid to mix and match fabrics. Linen sofa slipcovers + fur throw on pillows + knitted blanket. Sounds perfect, doesn’t it?
- Use soft and neutral colors. Natural colors are more relaxing and creates calm aura. It’s okay to try new pallets while bringing some bright details to your decor, however, majority of your house are should consist of neutral shades. Cozy room can be created with warm colors – such as beige, cream, peach and etc.
- Choose soft lines. If you want to accentuate softness in your house – choose more round shaped items instead of sharp angles. It can be anything – doors, windows, furniture, lighting and etc.
- Make it personal. For me personally, coziness comes with fluffy slippers. I have 3 pairs and they are scattered in my house. I also have an addiction for candles. Now that I thought of it you would actually find them in every corner at my house. What makes your place unique? Christmas lights? Maybe some plants with colorful pots or your family pictures in vintage frames?
If you’d like to share your opinion you are always welcome to contact us!